829 Industrial Integrated Services Routers provide highly secure, reliable, and easy-to-manage 3G/4G LTE WAN cellular and Wireless LAN connectivity for mobile environments. The router supports Cisco IOS Software, is very compact, and designed for harsh environments. Use this router to oversee a variety of Internet-of-Things (IoT) tasks, such as management of fleet vehicles and mass transit applications.
Features and Capabilities
829 Industrial Integrated Services Routers are compact, ruggedized, Cisco IOS Software routers with support for integrated 4G LTE wireless WAN and wireless LAN capabilities.
- Easily and rapidly deployable
- Highly available, highly secure, and reliable
- Designed for mobile vehicle communication in harsh environmental conditions
- Designed to withstand hostile environments including shock, vibration, dust, humidity, and water sprayed from all directions
- Designed to tolerate a wide temperature range
- 829 routers deliver enterprise-class features, including highly secure data, voice, and video communications to stationary and mobile network nodes across wired and wireless links. They can deliver enterprise-grade, wireline-like functionality such as
- Dynamic Multipoint VPN (DMVPN)
- Quality of service (QoS) for cellular
- Multi-VRF for cellular
- Voice over LTE (VoLTE)
- The 829 Industrial Integrated Services Router concurrently supports both 4G LTE for wireless WAN backhaul and Cisco dual-radio WLAN on the same platform. With the advantage of dual WLAN radio, the integrated access point can serve both as an access point and as a client to a wireless mesh network. This provides another source for WAN diversity, along with Gigabit Ethernet, serial, and cellular. The dual LTE model of the 829 further enhances WAN redundancy by providing concurrent connections to two LTE networks for mission critical services.